October 8th, 2015
Turin (Italy)Workshop on Future Platforms
Are platforms a solution for our industrial competitiveness?
How can they benefit from CPS, IoT and Big data?
The workshop is set to discuss platform concepts and successes stories in relation to industrial demand and customer needs, gathering about 30 experts from industry, academia and policy-making.
The workshop will count on the knowledge and experience of experts in Open Platforms and architectures both horizontal (cross-sectorial) and vertical (domain-oriented), industrial players of data-intensive sectors and major representatives of initiatives like AIOTI and Big Data PP.
The objective of the workshop is to stimulate:
– Discussions on Platform concepts: what is a “platform”? Why could this be beneficial to CPS? Learn from “Gold” examples that will be shared with the audience.
– Aligning the work of different European initiatives to ensure the coherence of our results.
– Aligning supply and demand. Are current solutions fulfilling real needs of customers? Are they suitable to promote the right innovation ecosystems?
– Constituency building: become part of one of the flagship communities that will define the future of CPS!
The agenda will include short presentations, panel discussions and an interactive session.
– Introduction: presentation of goals and dynamics of the workshop
– Expert Panel 1 (Presentations, Discussion, Panel):
Platform presentations including FIWARE, FITMAN, Virtual Fort Knox, …)
– Coffee break
– Expert Panel 2 (Presentations, Discussion, Panel):
Speakers from industrial demand side; manufacturing, transport,..
– Lunch and networking
– Interactive Session (involving all Participants)
Success factors, needs, threats, recommendations, next steps
– Conclusions and next steps
For further questions please contact: email@example.com
To register for the workshop, please do so by clicking here.